Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops for Heart
Benefits of Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart
Heart disease is this nation's #1 killer. Stroke is ranked second globally and fifth in the US. Each year we lose over 786,000 Americans to these diseases and they pose critical problems due to poor lifestyle habits among American adults and children.
Heart disease is this nation's #1 killer. Stroke is ranked second globally and fifth in the US. Each year we lose over 786,000 Americans to these diseases and they pose critical problems due to poor lifestyle habits among American adults and children. kids-exercising-in-gym--original
To combat these, JRFH and HFH provide opportunity for students to learn and practice healthy lifestyles. Good nutrition, physical activity, staying tobacco free, and maintaining a healthy blood pressure and weight are all part of a healthy lifestyle. JRFH and HFH aid in preventing heart disease and stroke in the future by arming students with the necessary tools, resources, and practices to live a healthy life.
JRFH and HFH Benefits – Schools
- Helps fund critical, life-saving research on the nation's first leading cause of death, heart disease and the fifth leading cause of death, stroke. Look at all the kids we've helped!
- Serves as a great service learning project offering students a way to make a difference in their community.
- Encourages cooperative activity among the whole student body.
- Provides additional resources to physical education programs through US Games certificates.
- Offers another avenue to increase physical activity among students.
JRFH and HFH Benefits – Teachers
- Provides educators with the newest educational kits, lessons plans, activities sheets, and other Heart resources once registered.
- Provides professional development and continuing education.
- Promotes opportunities for networking with practitioners, content experts, and like-minded professionals throughout the country.
- Builds school spirit and a sense of goal oriented teamwork.
- Helps teach students about volunteering and giving back to their communities.
- Teaches academic standards in reading, math, science and social studies.
- Provides the opportunity to meet the National Standards for Physical Education.
- Provides flexible event formats that can fit into any school schedule.
JRFH and HFH Benefits – Students
- Teaches about volunteering and community service.
- Encourages physical activity and heart health.
- Gets students excited about physical activity.
- Provides achievements opportunities to students.St-Barnabas-Students-in-Gym
- Promotes goal oriented teamwork.
- Enhances social skills of students.
- Provides leadership opportunities.
- Teaches responsibility in handling money.
- Gives a sense of accomplishment and builds confidence.
- Builds rapport between students and teachers.
- Teaches creativity.
- Everyone can participate!